About the role
You will work as part of a team to execute on client projects delivering the design and development of the electronics in hardware products, working with a Project Lead, industrial engineers, firmware developers, software engineers and designers. You will work closely with clients and the Thrive team to gather and refine requirements, prototype and test products, and document your findings. Your experience and technical knowledge will be invaluable to the project process and we would expect an understanding of industry best practices. You will own electronics development tasks, including rigorous testing to ensure we maintain a high level of quality. We have a strong collaborative culture and will expect an excellent team player and strong communicator who can bring their industry experience and fresh ideas to our evolving project processes.
Skills and experience
As with all roles at Thrive, there is much room to learn, develop and grow as the company expands its UK, EU and global operations.
You should have:
- At least 5 years experience of delivering electronic products, from concept through to production
A nice to have:
- A Masters degree in electronic engineering or similar field
Essential skills and experience:
- PCB design, fabrication and assembly
- Wired and wireless communications such as I2C, SPI, USB, Bluetooth, 802.11
- A broad range of sensor technologies
- Surface mount technology (SMT)
- Digital and Analogue electronic design
- High speed, high impedance and low power circuit design
- Sensor electronics
- Writing technical reports
- Circuit Simulation
- Design for manufacture
- Design for test
- Certifications for product registration (e.g. CE marking, FCC compliance)
- Working in small teams to deliver high quality hardware products
- Altium CAD platform
- Familiar with testing and quality assurance procedures in hardware
- Experience in bench/rapid prototyping
We also value these skills and experience:
- Quality management system – ISO 13485
- IEC 60601-1 Basic electrical safety for medical devices
- ISO 14971 – Risk management for medical devices
- Industrial engineering
Other job openings
Perks of the job
£30,000 – £36,000 dependant on experience
25 paid holidays + UK Bank Holidays
EMI share options to be introduced during 2021-22
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Charity giving scheme
Brilliant location in the heart of Brighton, with remote and flexible working options
Bike to work scheme
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- All candidates will complete the application form.
- Top scorers through the initial application process will be invited to interview, and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity).
- Following this, we will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work.
- We’ll offer the top candidate the role and start the onboarding process.
If you have any questions about the process, want to chat through the role, or are interested to find out what other roles we are hiring, please contact our recruitment team.
No agencies please.