To deliver exponential impact in health and wellness through connected and data driven wearables. If this resonates with you, and you want to join us on this mission, read on!
Thrive Wearables create world changing health and wellness wearable technology. We are seeking an enthusiastic, early career Business Development Executive who is looking to gain experience and develop their existing skills in the tech industry. In this role, you will use your passion for technology, health and wellness, relationships, and commercial success, to drive Thrive’s sales pipeline.
Alongside colleagues in Marketing, Grants and Partnerships, this role will find and process opportunities for our technology teams to work on. We’re at an exciting stage of growth, and this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to have a positive impact in the emerging health and tech industry with the potential to develop within the field.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
This role sits in the crucial interface between the internal commercial and technical teams, and our clients and external stakeholders. You’ll collaborate with the Marketing team to capitalise on their campaign activity, and work with the technical team to develop proposals for the opportunities you find.
Thrive has built a solid reputation as being the go-to experts for wearable health and wellness tech. A big part of this role will be to build on this position, ensuring we are developing the market opportunity further as wearables explode into new markets post Covid.
This is a junior position, and would suit a recent graduate with some industry experience. You will be working alongside experts and managers to build skills and knowledge.
As we’re a relatively small team, all roles offer a diverse range of activities. The scope of the role is detailed below, specifying areas of accountability (activities you own) and responsibility (the activities you do), as well as activities you’ll be expected to support:
- Report on sales and business development activities to management
- Maintenance of our CRM database
- Daily management of activities in the sales pipeline
- Qualifying and nurturing leads through the sales pipeline
- Conduct data analysis and research to inform sales and marketing targeting
- Develop sales opportunities through new networks
- Attend conferences and industry events on behalf of Thrive to build our network
- Process and qualify opportunities from networking activities
- Form relationships with potential and current clients
- Support Project Leads in finding new opportunities with existing clients, and managing live project scope
- Engage in Thrive’s internal innovation work – we welcome ideas and contributions from the whole team
- Internal activities – we expect everyone to be engaged in internal activities that support our culture
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about tech and the positive impact it can have on the world
- Be data driven and have strong analytical skills
- Be familiar with databases and CRM systems
- Have an understanding of the sales & marketing funnel
- Be outgoing with strong communication skills
- Be able to learn quickly and take on new challenges
- Have strong interpersonal skills and initiative
- Have at least 1 year of experience successfully working in business development in a similar or related industry
- Be keen to learn and grow within the role
- Enjoy working in a tight-knit team, in a fast paced, agile environment
We’d like to hear from you if you cover most of the above.
Other job openings
Perks of the job
Salary band £25,000 – £30,000
25 paid holidays + UK Bank Holidays
Opportunity to be enrolled in progressive employee ownership scheme
Brilliant office location, food, cafes, bars in the heart of Brighton
We are a health and wellbeing focused company, so we have a number of initiatives to promote wellbeing at work such as a cycle to work scheme and mental health training
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- All candidates will complete the application form
- Top scorers through the initial application process will be invited to interview, and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity)
- Following this, we will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work
- We’ll offer the top candidate the role and start the on boarding process
If you have any questions about the process, want to chat through the role, or are interested to find out what other roles we are hiring, please contact Tom Chute via email.
No agencies please.