To deliver exponential impact in health and wellness through connected and data driven wearables. If this resonates with you, and you want to join us on this mission, read on!
Thrive Wearables create world changing health and wellness wearable technology. We are seeking an enthusiastic, early career Business Development Executive who is looking to gain experience and develop their existing skills in the tech industry. In this role, you will use your passion for technology, health and wellness, relationships, and commercial success, to drive Thrive’s sales pipeline.
Alongside colleagues in Marketing, Grants and Partnerships, this role will find and process opportunities for our technology teams to work on. We’re at an exciting stage of growth, and this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to have a positive impact in the emerging health and tech industry with the potential to develop within the field.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
This role sits in the crucial interface between the internal commercial and technical teams, and our clients and external stakeholders. You’ll collaborate with the Marketing team to capitalise on their campaign activity, and work with the technical team to develop proposals for the opportunities you find.
Thrive has built a solid reputation as being the go-to experts for wearable health and wellness tech. A big part of this role is going to be capitalising on this position, ensuring we are finding and processing all opportunities effectively and efficiently.
This is a leadership team level position, and you will own the sales and business development activities within the company.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
As we’re a relatively small team, all roles offer a diverse range of activities. We know that in order for a team to function well, clear accountability is needed, and we have an Accountability and Responsibility framework across the organisation.
The scope of the role is detailed below, specifying areas of accountability and responsibility, as well as areas you’ll be expected to support:
Strategy and leadership:
- Set revenue growth targets and OKRs – that you will be held accountable for – collaboratively with the Board, grasping the opportunity for Thrive to expand rapidly in our market niche
- Ensure all prospects are aligned with the specific areas Thrive are targeting for growth
- Report on commercial activities and performance to target to the Board on a monthly basis
- Develop and own sales and business development strategic projects that support Thrive’s strategies – in particular to develop new revenue streams from alternative ways of working with clients
- Support internal innovation and proposition development by sharing insights gained from your interactions with current and potential customers
- Achieve revenue growth targets and OKRs
- Maintenance of our CRM database
- Daily management of activities in the sales pipeline
- Liaising with potential clients to develop and deliver the sales pipeline
- Qualifying and nurturing leads, with a focus on constantly improving conversion rates into closed business
- Delivering research into new markets and customer needs, anticipating industry trends and ensuring we are prepared to take advantage of them
- Implement a consistent closed-loop between marketing and sales, ensuring – with Thrive’s Head of Marketing – that marketing analytics drive sales actions and are regularly and clearly reported
- Sharing sales and business development activities with the wider-team, encouraging engagement in commercial activities from all
Networking and events:
- Develop sales and business development opportunities through new networks
- Attend conferences and industry events on behalf of Thrive to build our network and generate leads
- Process and qualify opportunities from networking activities
- Maintaining good relations with clients, ensuring that information is exchanged in a timely fashion and new business opportunities identified. Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities
- Liaise with Project Leads (once projects underway) to ensure client satisfaction
- Support Project Leads in finding new opportunities with existing clients where relevant, and managing live project scope
- Support the growth of more junior members of the team through mentoring and line management:
- Set OKRs collaboratively, cascading from those you’ve agreed with the Board
- Ensure Thrive has an effective sales development internal coaching programme.
- Engage in Thrive’s internal innovation work – we welcome ideas and contributions from the whole team
- Management and team engagement – we expect all leadership roles to lead by example and be engaged in internal activities such as 1-to-1s and coaching, that support our culture
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
- Be passionate about tech and the positive impact it can have on the world
- Hold a strong degree and ideally show an interest in academic work
- Have 5+ years experience successfully delivering a sales and business development strategy in a similar or related field. Established network and relationships would be highly beneficial
- Bring energy, enthusiasm to the role – we want someone that can motivate and inspire internal teams and external stakeholders
- Exhibit high-level networking skills including the capacity to develop and strengthen international relationships, clients and partners.
- Have a dedication to a strong company culture and respect for all staff.
- Be a solutions-based problem solver.
- Desire to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Have the capacity to take initiative and work as part of a tight-knit, multi-disciplinary team, positively contributing to a fast paced, agile working environment.
- Be confident and highly organised, maintaining all internal systems on a timely and accurate basis
Other job openings
Perks of the job
25 paid holidays + UK Bank Holidays
Opportunity to be enrolled in progressive employee ownership scheme
Remote and flexible working
Brilliant office location, food, cafes, bars in the heart of Brighton
We are a health and wellbeing focused company, so we have a number of initiatives to promote wellbeing at work such as a cycle to work scheme and mental health training
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- Once we’ve received initial applications, we will create a long-list based on skills (including transferrable) and experience
- We will ask the long-list to prepare a short response, stating why they are a good fit for the role
- Anonymised scoring will then take place
- Top scorers will be invited to interview and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity)
- We will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work
- We’ll make an offer based on industry benchmarked salary data
No agencies please.