Thrive Wearables create world changing health and wellness wearable technology products and connected digital services. We are seeking a talented Head of People to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary team, working on some truly innovative and exciting projects.
Why work at Thrive
We work exclusively with clients in the health, wellbeing and fitness industries and we believe the work we do should have a positive impact on the world. We use our technical expertise to advise clients, (re)design their products, and build their roadmap for global-scale production. We not only solve our clients’ problems, we strive to exceed their expectations of design and research.
As well as client work and partnership development, everyone at Thrive has the opportunity to instigate and work on our internal projects and innovations.
Our office in the heart of Brighton is surrounded by excellent shops, food options and pubs. We’re a close-knit and diverse team with a shared interest in technology, health & wellbeing.
About the role
As our Head of People, you will own our people strategy; translating our health and wellbeing mission into aligned policies, processes and ultimately the growth and development of our brilliant people. Ownership of our culture and the behaviours that drive it are a core accountability. We are a company of people with strong personalities and beliefs. Your role in balancing our people and business objectives should not be underestimated.
This role will include both strategic planning and long-term change projects, as well as executing the day-to-day HR functions. You will sit on the Board, representing HR and People and work with line managers, and the internal team to implement our strategy. You will lead our people team which currently consists of an Office and People Operations Manager, and our People Operations and Recruitment Executive.
As well as the above, in this role, you will:
- Champion the adoption of HR practices and policies and continually improve on Thrive’s people offering;
- Own and develop the strategic hiring plan to ensure adequate resourcing during Thrive’s rapid growth and maintaining the recruitment process, providing support to hiring managers;
- Lead organisational training and development and take a lead role in developing a culture that enables employees to flourish in parallel with achieving our strategic business objectives;
- Work with our project delivery leaders to own and optimise all the people-related drivers of gross profit and the change management required to achieve targets;
- Manage and report on the People budget including recruitment, compensation and payroll, benefits, training and development, culture, and strategic resource planning, ensuring all initiatives have a high ROI and meet expected outcomes;
- Implement and manage progressive benefits that will have a positive impact for the team
- Provide professional HR support and guidance to leadership and line managers in respect of performance management and all other HR related matters;
- Deliver, implement and drive the organisation’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy;
- Conduct other HR and Culture initiatives and activities as necessary to meet overall business goals.
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience leading a HR or People department in a technically oriented business
- CIPD qualification is preferred but not essential
- Experience working with technical teams
- Experience sitting on a Board working on company strategy
- Experience in growing teams (we are currently 20 people, and are growing quickly!)
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy the start-up environment where policies and processes are constantly evolving and being developed
- Love pushing for change and doing things differently
- Have an understanding of what makes people tick, and the psychology related to people management
- Want to get involved in the tech, and be excited by Thrive’s mission
Other job openings
Perks of the job
£60,000 – £80,000 depending on experience.
Health, wellbeing and lifestyle advice/counselling through our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
EMI share options to be introduced during 2021-22
25 paid holidays +
UK Bank Holidays
Brilliant lab location in the heart of Brighton, with remote and flexible working options
Bike to work scheme
Charity giving scheme
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- All candidates will complete the application form.
- Top scorers through the initial application process will be invited to interview, and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity).
- Following this, we will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work.
- We’ll offer the top candidate the role and start the onboarding process.
If you have any questions about the process, want to chat through the role, or are interested to find out what other roles we are hiring, please contact our recruitment team.
No agencies please.