Thrive is a purpose driven organisation, and everyone within the organisation, and the clients and partners we work with, contribute to our mission: to leverage health and wellness wearable technology to deliver exponential gains in health and wellbeing for huge numbers of people globally.
We are seeking an experienced Proposal Writer and Grant Funding Specialist to support our research and innovation work. We’re at an exciting stage of growth, and if successful, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring Thrive maintains its position as the go-to wearable technology experts.
We work with large corporations through to start-ups, both in the UK and internationally. We develop smart, connected, wearable, Internet of Things products that have the potential to have a huge impact on health and wellbeing globally. Our clients are from across many vertical markets from health, wellbeing, industrial, sports, fitness, animal wearables and scientific research activities.
The Proposal Writer and Grant Funding Specialist role at Thrive
We’re a collaborative team and this role will engage with both the commercial and technical parts of the business. As we’re a relatively small team, all roles offer a diverse range of activities. We know that in order for a team to function well, clear accountability is needed, and we have an Accountability and Responsibility framework across the organisation.
The accountabilities and responsibilities of this role include
- Internal and external research to input into Thrive’s propositions
- Monitoring and reporting of open and upcoming funding calls
- Collaborating with internal team to match our work and propositions with available grants
- Selected appropriate calls for grant funding
- Building partnerships and consortia for funding applications and proposals
- Writing quality bids to UK and European grant funding calls
- Collaborating with Marketing team to share our successful projects and funding applications
- Monitor and report on the active grants portfolio to the team and Board
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will be able to draw on experiences successfully leading proposals and funding applications in the science and technology space. Due to the specialist nature of our industry, our Proposal Writer and Grant Funding Specialist will likely have experience preparing submissions to Innovate UK Smart Grants and/or the NIHR. This is not an entry level position and the successful candidate will have at least 4 years experience building consortia, developing exceptional grant applications and securing multiple awards.
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate about tech and the positive impact it can have on the world
- Hold a strong degree and show an interest in academic work
- Be an expert technical researcher and communicator
- Have experience submitting successful proposals to funding bodies
- Be a strong networker, and someone that can build relationships that lead to opportunities
- Enjoy working in a tight-knit team, in a fast paced, agile environment
Other job openings
Perks of the job
Competitive salary depending on experience
25 paid holidays + UK Bank Holidays
Opportunity to be enrolled in progressive employee ownership scheme
Brilliant office location, food, drink, bars in the heart of Brighton
Bike to work scheme and other flexible benefits that are aligned to our health and wellbeing focused mission
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- To apply, candidates will complete a short questionnaire
- Anonymised scoring will then take place
- Top scorers will be invited to interview and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity)
- We will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work