Thrive Wearables create world changing health and wellness wearable technology products and connected digital services. We are seeking a talented Application Software Engineer, with commercial experience to join us. The successful candidate will be joining the highly skilled, multidisciplinary team and working on some truly innovative and exciting projects.
The Application Software Engineer (Project Lead) will be focused on the development of innovative wearable products, with opportunities to work across the software development lifecycle, coding in C++ or Java, along with taking on some firmware development (Embedded C). Other responsibilities will include analysis of customer needs and recommending appropriate solutions, software documentation, and testing.
As a Project Lead, you will be owning projects from inception through to delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to combine technical skills, with excellent communication and planning to manage clients, stakeholders and suppliers.
The candidate will have a strong degree in engineering or the physical sciences and be able to demonstrate a high level of application software development, with an emphasis on C++. The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a strong degree, ideally with a Masters / PhD
- Demonstrate academic, research, and commercial experience developing application software in C++ and Java
- Have developed applications for commercial release
- Have collaborated with hardware engineers and designers to deliver integrated products
- Have excellent problem solving skills and be able to draw on previous experiences to guide projects through to completion
- Be a team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have experience handling client requirements, and communicating with stakeholders
- Have an understanding of embedded software/firmware development
This opportunity offers the chance to work on the design and development of ground-breaking wearable and IoT technologies in an industry that is growing fast. Every project will be different, and all staff have the opportunity to work on our internal projects and IP (we endeavour to spend 50% of our time on internal projects and innovation).
This is a great time to join a company with ambitious growth plans, with the aim of being a big player in the IoT market in the UK. We offer diversity within our roles and the chance for our employees to leverage our in-house expertise to take their own ideas forward. We nurture our staff to allow their talents to shine by tutoring, training, support and encouragement in their roles.
Other job openings
Perks of the job
Competitive salary depending on experience
25 paid holidays + UK Bank Holidays
Opportunity to be enrolled in progressive employee ownership scheme
Brilliant office location, food, drink, bars in the heart of Brighton
Bike to work scheme and other flexible benefits that are aligned to our health and wellbeing focused mission
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- All candidates will complete the application form
- Top scorers through the initial application process will be invited to interview, and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity)
- Following this, we will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work
- We’ll offer the top candidate the role and start the on boarding process
If you have any questions about the process, want to chat through the role, or are interested to find out what other roles we are hiring, please contact Tom Chute via email.
No agencies please.