Thrive Wearables Limited is the authority on wearable technology in the health & wellbeing space. With our in-depth understanding of how all aspects of wearables fit together, we help bring wearable technology products from idea to market.
We work with mission-aligned clients and partners to offer a full service experience around bringing wearables to life, from recommending the most appropriate physical components, digital solutions and ways of collecting the right data, to guidance on UX and UI design, IP, compliance, funding and getting investor-ready.
We are committed to achieving the highest standards of quality in the development work we do internally and the services we provide to clients and partners.
About the role
You will work as part of a team to execute client projects delivering the design and development of their ideas, working with a team of industrial engineers, firmware developers, software engineers and designers. You will work closely with clients and the Thrive team to gather and refine requirements, prototype and test products, and document your findings.
Your experience and technical knowledge will be invaluable to the project process and we would expect an understanding of industry best practices. You will own design and development tasks, including rigorous testing to ensure we maintain a high level of quality. We have a strong collaborative culture and will expect an excellent team player and strong communicator who can bring their industry experience and fresh ideas to our evolving project processes. This role would suit a person with a broad engineering skill set who can lead on the technical aspects of a project, taking an idea from conception right through to execution.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Project coordination of all stages of prototype/product development; including form factor, engineering verification, design validation
- Consolidate product requirements and formal manufacturing preparation
- Liaise with many internal and external stakeholders
- Lead client facing activities through ideation, discovery and scoping sessions
- Data collection and cohort management when conducting user testing and basic collation and management of data from small user testing trials will be required. QA and supplier liaison are all areas where a successful candidate can contribute
Skills and experience
- Project management or coordination skills
- Client communication
- Supervision and team leadership
- System architecture knowledge
- Writing technical reports
- Design for manufacture
- Certifications for production (e.g. CE marking, Bluetooth), FCC compliance
- Working in small teams to deliver high quality hardware products
- Altium platform
- Familiar with testing and quality assurance procedures in hardware
- Experience in bench/rapid prototyping
- CAD software and mechanical design
- Producing technical drawings and documentation
- Wired and wireless communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, USB, Bluetooth, 802.11
- Knowledge of a broad range of sensor technologies
- Surface mount technology (SMT)
- High speed, high impedance and low power circuit design
We also value these skills and experience:
- Working with ISO 13845 and / or 9001 standards
- Working with ISO 14971, IEC 60601, and IEC 62304.
- Agile or Lean principles
- PCB design, fabrication and assemble
Other job openings
Perks of the job
£40k- 50k dependant on experience
25 paid holidays + Bank Holidays
EMI share options to be introduced during 2021-22
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Charity giving scheme
Brilliant location in the heart of Brighton, with remote and flexible working options
Bike to work scheme
The hiring process
We are committed to a fair, inclusive and transparent hiring process:
- All candidates will complete the application form.
- Top scorers through the initial application process will be invited to interview, and a pre-interview task will be shared (we’re much more interested in what people could do with us rather than a CV, so it’s good to be able to chat through an approach to an activity).
- Following this, we will hold shorter, meet the team interviews with some of the Thrive team to understand what candidates value in a place of work.
- We’ll offer the top candidate the role and start the onboarding process.
If you have any questions about the process, want to chat through the role, or are interested to find out what other roles we are hiring, please contact our recruitment team.
No agencies please.